Here’s a small tip that I thought should be documented.
If your fn key is behaving opposite to the way you want it to, there are likely 2 causes:
- Either your bios setting is the opposite of what you want
- Or your linux is interpreting differently.
Here are a few solutions :
- Try pressing fn + NumLock key
- Try pressing fn + ~ key (it’s the one before a 1 on most US keyboards)
- Press fn + Esc Key (Or look for a key with a lock sign on it)
- Go to the bios and look for the function key option to change it.
2 worked for me on linux!